Tree roots are one of the most common reasons for sewer blockages and water line damage. They grow in search of nutrients and moisture and can eventually penetrate pipes, causing major issues. Tree root invasion can cause serious damage to your property, including cracking and breaking of concrete and other structures. If you have trees on your property, it’s important to be aware of the potential damage they can cause and to take preventative measures to avoid costly repairs.
Removing tree roots can be a challenging task. At 247 local plumbers, we specialise in tree root damage repair in Melbourne and have years of experience dealing with this issue. We are committed to providing our customers with the best possible service and solutions for their plumbing needs.
What are the Signs of Tree Root Invasion
If you suspect that you have tree root invasion, there are a few signs to look out for:
- Slow Drains: If your drains are slow or backed up, this could be a sign of tree root invasion.
- Unpleasant Odours: The build-up of organic matter can cause unpleasant odours to emanate from your drains.
- Cracked Pipes: Over time, tree roots can cause pipes to crack or break, leading to more severe plumbing issues.
Repairing Tree Root Damage in Melbourne
If you suspect that you have tree root damage, it’s important to act quickly. Here are the steps we take to repair tree root damage:
- Inspection – Our team will perform a thorough inspection to determine the extent of the damage.
- Clearing the blockage – In many cases, we can clear the blockage using hydro jetting or a plumbing snake.
- Tree root removal – If the invasion is more severe, we may need to physically remove the tree roots. We use specialised equipment to safely remove the roots without causing further damage.
- Repairing the damage – If the damage is more severe, we may need to replace the damaged section of the pipe. We use a trenchless pipe repair method that minimizes damage to your property and can often be completed in a single day.
- Preventative measures – Once the repair is complete, we can install a root barrier to prevent future root intrusion.
Methods to Clear Tree Roots From Drain Pipes
Here are some methods to clear tree roots invasion from drain pipes:
- Hydro jetting – Hydro jetting is a process that involves using high-pressure water to clear out drain pipes. At 247 local plumbers, our professional plumber can use specialised equipment to blast away tree roots and other debris from your drain pipes, restoring proper flow.
- Chemical treatment – There are also chemicals available that can help kill tree roots in your drain pipes. These chemicals are poured down the drain and work by slowly killing the roots over time. However, it’s essential to use these chemicals carefully and follow the instructions on the label, as they can be harmful to other plants and wildlife in the area.
- Mechanical root removal – We also use mechanical methods to remove tree roots from your drain pipes. This involves using special cutting tools or augers to cut through and remove the roots. However, this method can be more invasive and may require excavation to access the affected pipes.
Prevention is Key
Preventing tree root damage is much easier and less costly than repairing it. Here are some preventative measures you can take:
- Plant trees away from sewer lines and water pipes. This will minimize the risk of roots growing into them.
- Use a barrier material – Root barriers are designed to stop roots from growing into areas you don’t want them in. Installing a barrier between your pipes and tree roots can be an effective solution.
- Regular maintenance – Regularly maintaining your plumbing system can help identify issues before they become bigger problems. A professional plumber can perform regular inspections and catch any root intrusion early on.
Contact Us Today To Remove Treet Root
By taking the necessary precautions, you can avoid costly repairs and keep your plumbing system functioning properly. At 247 local plumbers, we are committed to providing our customers with the best possible service and solutions for their plumbing needs. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you prevent and repair tree root damage.